Register for Programs
Brown Girl Surf Year-End Celebration and Benefit
presented by Sanuk and the Brown Girl Surf Community
Saturday, Dec. 1 from 6:30-9PM
Impact Hub Oakland (2323 Broadway)
Brown Girl Surf invites you to join us in celebrating and supporting a year of ocean connection, sisterhood, advocacy, arts, and action! We will be honoring our Rising Leaders and celebrating our community with great food, great music, and great company. In addition to our merch shop, we will be auctioning and raffling off custom surf gear, art, and a variety of other great prizes. All proceeds of the party support Brown Girl Surf's transformative programming.
This year's theme is "bioluminescence" - which will be on full display with fun, glowing ocean creatures. Feel free to dress to theme. Past and present Brown Girl Surf participants receive complementary tickets for themselves and up to 2 family members! We invite supporters of our movement to consider purchasing Surf Champion and Surf Angel Tickets to support 2019 Surf Sister Saturdays and Summer Camp. Sliding Scale Soul Surfer Tickets are also available.
Hosted by M.C. Mama B
with live performances by hip hop diva and surfer Art3mis Prime
and our very own Program and Events Manager, Marlim!
Delicious eats will be provided by Homeroom, The Little Chihuahua, and more! Beer will be provided and served by Berkeley's Queers Makin' Beers, founded by Brown Girl Surf volunteer Rebecca Sandidge. We will have wine and non-alcoholic beverages, too!
Also available exclusively at our marketplace (cash preferred):
- Surf gear
- Rad new Brown Girl Surf merchandise: T-shirts, hats, sweatshirts, and hoodies
- Handmade ocean-inspired jewelry by Jessica Guernsey
Auction and raffle items include:
- Private surf lesson for two
- Gift certificate for Carve Designs
- Day passes to Traveler Surf Shop
- Brown Girl Surf art by our volunteer / resident artist, Cristine Blanco
- Various merchandise from Billabong, Patagonia, and Sanuk
- Custom-shaped 10 ft surfboard by Ashley Loyd Thompson, with artwork by Thomas Campbell
- Signed surfboard from pro woman of color surfer Malia Manuel
... and more!
This is the time to come and relax with your Brown Girl Surf sisterhood, support our programs, and joyously reflect on another awesome year!
We hope to see you on December 1! If you are unable to make it, you can still support our programs at https://www.browngirlsurf.com/donate.